It's on Monday, April 5, 2021 from noon to 1 PM. You can register here.
Here's the blurb:
BBA Webinar: Reference Proceedings: What Attorneys Need to Know about Handling First-Party Property Insurance Claims
Monday, April 5, 2021
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
The BBA presents live webinars and virtual events via Zoom. Please register for this program through your BBA account at least two hours before the start time of the program to receive the Zoom webinar link.
client’s commercial building or house has been damaged or destroyed by a
fire, tornado, water infiltration from a storm, or other event. Or you
represent the building owner’s property insurer. The two sides are far
apart on their view of the amount of damages. Under state law and
Massachusetts property insurance policies, that dispute is resolved by a
This webinar will discuss:
- The reference proceeding process.
- What does a reference proceeding determine? What does it not determine?
- Vocabulary: What is actual cash value, replacement cost value, and depreciation?
- Trap for the unwary: the contractual limitations period for demanding reference.
- Other deadlines that affect coverage.